Sunday 19 August 2012

A Little Art Journaling

What a lovely night last night. We went out with friends to celebrate my birthday. Got lots of wonderful presents and hubby was wonderful to take Miss C home to bed while I got to stay out with the girlfriends for a few drinks in town. It's been a while since I did that and it was really nice. Thanks, girls.

My lovely birthday cake. Gorgeous vanilla slice Napoleon from Agnes b.

Yesterday afternoon though, I spent time finishing off the cover of my art journal project. I think I 'll make this my September class. It's a tissue paper covered mini album with a concertina-folded interior. The pretty girl is actually a stamp by Suzi Blu. I attended one of her workshops during the Winter CHA 2012. Very eccentric free spirited artist. I love her drawings and she does online workshops teaching you how to draw her girls. It was in her workshop that I was introduced on how to create art journaling. I'd heard of it but not really done any and her class gave me the confidence boost needed to try it.

You know what? This is what art journaling is about. Feelings. Art therapy. Putting down your thoughts in imagery and colour. Doesn't matter if you're an advanced artist or someone like me who can't even draw circles properly. Just express yourself.

Now, I've only done the front and back covers and assembled the inside of this mini album and I will be filling it soon with lots more journaling. I'll do another post once I finish the inside.





2 comments:

  1. Yes please, Grace. I can't wait to learn how to make this lovely journal, I really like this style! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Irene. We're sorting out the dates right now. Will let you know when the schedule is up.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...